If you have first class car insurance in Thailand, you can choose where you want to fix your car at a garage or a car repair centre. Many people may also wonder which one is better and how it is different including topics of insurance premium, spare part quality, service to compare.
Get your car fixed in car repair centre
Getting your car repair centre means a car repair centre for your car brand specifically.
- If your car is new and just came out of the car centre, you may want to fix your car in a car repair centre as there are more new spare parts ready for the maintenance. On the other hand, garages in Thailand may need more time to order spare parts that will take time for you to wait longer.
- You can make sure that you will get genuine spare parts as they can order directly from the car brand company.
- At the car repair centre, they have many experts of each car brand and type so they have specific knowledge about it.
- You can be sure that your car will get fixed with the standard of the brand.
Cons: The downside is that it is expensive and if you want to change from getting your car fixed in the garage to a car repair centre, you need to pay for the differences. More than that you may need to wait in the queue and the car repair centres are mostly in big cities.
Get your car fixed in garage
There are garages that are partnered with insurance companies and others aren’t. If your car gets fixed in the first type of garages, you do need to pay first while for the other case, you need to pay first and claim it back from the car insurance company which may not get 100% refund.
- It is a comfortable choice as you can just get your car fixed at the nearest garage from home.
- Insurance premium is cheaper.
- You do not need to wait too long compared to a car repair centre.
After your car gets fixed but there are problems later, they may not be responsible for that well. There is a chance that you may not get genuine spare parts or second hand spare parts.
Are you considering buying car insurance in Thailand? You can look at Rabbit Care, a website where you can fill in information and compare plenty of car insurance in Thailand deals from many well known car insurance companies and choose the most suitable one for you.
In case you didn’t get 1st class car insurance but you want your car to be fixed by the car repair centre more, you can get support from the car insurance company and see what is the quotation and pay the differences that are out of scope in the insurance agreement.